Friday, October 24, 2014

ZULA

I can not believe November 1 is a week from this Saturday! I apologize to those I might be putting into shock with this information and you are also Welcome because I know you needed the reminder that Thanksgiving is quickly approaching and you have things to do to prepare!
Zula was my Grandmother who live directly behind me growing up. She was beautiful, classy,  loved her soap opera's, Johnny Carson, Lawrence Welk and she was a great cook! That being said she amazed me during the Holidays because she could create a feast, get it all out on the table and every item was the perfect temperature. She would also prep as many dishes she could ahead of time. I would help polish the silver, the fall table cloth that was stored in her beautiful buffet cabinet would be cleaned and ironed and placed on the large dining room table. Appetizers would be set out in her best dishes for nibbling and the TV was set to the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. I still watch that parade to this very day. Her table would hold many around it and a few of us may have had to eat at the kiddie table which was her coffee table in the living room but no one seemed to care. We enjoyed the delicious meal and our time together as a family. Our family has grown and some traditions have changed but  I enjoy stepping back in time when the Holidays arrive because I have many wonderful memories of my Grandmother, her big beautiful home, the aroma's filling her house up and her in her apron singing or humming as she prepared her dishes and did so without appearing to be stressed. Notices the word appearing she could have been but you would never have known.
All of us have traditions and it could be sitting down altogether at the table with the Thanksgiving meal placed upon it, other's may choose buffet style and others may dine out.
Next week I will be sharing a two week schedule or planner to help you get prepared for your Thanksgiving gathering. I want you to enjoy the planning, preparing of the dishes and making memories you, your children & grandchildren will look back on in the future and smile because they were happy and even relaxing times.  So while you have some down time this weekend grab a notebook or your laptops and  start jotting down your Thanksgiving to do's and meet me back here on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment