Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Thanksgiving Tips Part 2

Good Morning Everyone! Yesterday I shared what you should be working on two weeks before Thanksgiving and today we will be covering one week before the big day. Those of you who are just checking in can look back at yesterdays post to catch up. Be sure to grab a notebook or legal pad too. I have a notebook for everything here at the store and I find they keep me organized and hold my ideas.
  • One week before Thanksgiving you should start working on your seating arrangements & name tags.
  • If there will be little one's that require a highchair or booster seats ask the parents if they will be bringing one along if you do not have access to them.
  • Be sure to have activities for the younger children or ask parents to bring those items with them.
  • Review your recipes and create a cooking schedule and your grocery list. I found a notepad for grocery shopping that is divided in sections of the grocery store and I can write my menu for the week in a box for each day of the week. Love it because it saves me from running back and forth to sections where I may have forgotten something. Check on Pintrest  or On-Line and I am sure you will find a link to print something similar out.
  • Prepare your kitchen by cleaning out your fridge and pantry to make room for groceries. Be sure to check your spices to make sure they are fresh too.
  • Clean your wine glasses and your silverware
  • Decide what food item is going in what vessel. Write that item on a post it note and stick in that vessel along with a serving spoon.
  • Clean up the yard

I would highly recommend purchasing Urban Accents Gourmet Gobbler Kit! I have carried this in my store since I opened 6 years ago and we keep it in stock year round. It will make your turkey so moist and flavorful! It is also All Natural & Gluten Free. You can roast, deep fry or grill too.

No comments:

Post a Comment