Thursday, March 19, 2015
The kitchen is what many consider the heart of the home and I would agree with that. So as you are cleaning your cupboards and drawers see what gadgets and pans may need to be replaced and make a list of those items. Maybe you are a ready to update your colors but can not afford a huge make over. Decorative towels, mugs, bowls, appetizer plates or some new table top items are an inexpensive way to create a new refreshing look. You may also find the need to get your recipe's organized and a new album or recipe box needs to be purchased. I would love to help you so replace the old with new!!!
Be sure to join us Thursday April 2 from 5pm to 7pm for our Late Night Date Night!!! A great night to come in see what is new, sample, sip, shop and socialize! Our special guest is Heather Dauen with Clever Container!!!
Like us on Facebook and check out our website www.acookscorner.com for upcoming events!!!
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
I decided to host a Pre Super Bowl Bash this Saturday Jan 31 at the store. It's the perfect day to come try some of our new flavors, maybe win a door prize, see what's new and shop a bit. Those who wear their favorite NFL team gear will also be entered to win a Gift Basket that is filled with goodies for your Super Bowl Bash. Starts at 10am and goes to 3pm but be sure to get here early to try the snacks that may just make your line up for game day!
Thursday, January 15, 2015
I want to work on my yoga. I took a beginners class a few years ago and LOVED it but of course did not implement it into my daily routine but will be this year!!!
Last but not least I want to enjoy the outdoors more. There is so much beauty when you take the time to slow down and be in the moment.
What ever your New Yeats New You wants are I hope you get out there and make them happen because life will just keep moving quickly and I do not want to look back and realize I did not enjoy it enough!!!!
Saturday, November 1, 2014
Alright everyone we are down to tips for the day before and Thanksgiving Day! I hope the tips have helped you stay the course and enjoy the planning of this holiday. If you are able get the family involved in helping with the final prep.
- Finish your pie's. Remember to use your pie shields or tent your crust with tin foil to prevent over browning. Also be sure to place a pan lined with tinfoil to catch the juices that may overflow. No one wants to deal with that mess ever but especially during a Holiday.
- Get your turkey prepped or in the brine solution. Also remember to figure out your cooking time per pound of the turkey.
- Peel your potatoes and place in a bowl of water and place in fridge.
- Prepare side dishes
- Prepare your appetizers, dip and cheese trays
- Make sure you have plenty of ice for the big day.
- Light dusting of the house
- Stock bathroom with extra toilet paper
- Empty all trash receptacles and line with new garbage bags
- Run to the grocery store for any last minute items you may have forgotten
- Get a good nights sleep
- Remove turkey from frig and bring to room temperature before starting the cooking process
- Reheat your cranberry sauce
- Make the mash potatoes
- Make your appetizer tray
- Cook ore reheat your sides
- Make your gravy
- Enjoy the day!!!!!
Friday, October 31, 2014
Thanksgiving tips for the Tuesday before the big day. I know this year by this time you will be relaxed because you have been more organized and moving right along with the plans. I know how busy mom's are these days running here and there and there just never seems to be enough free time but be sure to get the family involved especially if you are hosting the Holiday.
- Make your pie dough ahead of time
- Make your cranberry sauce
- Cut your bread for the stuffing
- Cut up any veggies you may need for dishes or a veggie tray
- Shop for your remaining groceries.
- Start chilling your beverages
Thursday, October 30, 2014
Thanksgiving Tips day 3!!!! Today we will be focusing on the Monday before Thanksgiving but for those of you just reading for the first time you can go back and see what you missed.
- Take your turkey out and to start the defrost process. You will want to place your turkey in a foil pan or metal pan while it is defrosting in the fridge just in case there is any wetness.
- Start shopping for all your non-perishable groceries
- Purchase extra plastic food containers, tin foil, seran wrap, toilet paper, paper towels and garbage bags.
- Set your table if you are able. Those with young children and pets you may want to wait on this until the night before or morning of.
- Clean your wine glasses and silverware.
- If you are going to do a buffet style wrap your silverware in your napkins and set them in a basket. Easier for your guests to carry.
I found this Thanksgiving Etiquette for proper table settings for those who may be hosting a formal dinner that day. Below you will find two of our TOP selling gadgets for the Holiday Season! TRUDEAU'S Fat Separator and RSVP Potato Ricer. They were both rated number one in Cook's Illustrated.
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
- One week before Thanksgiving you should start working on your seating arrangements & name tags.
- If there will be little one's that require a highchair or booster seats ask the parents if they will be bringing one along if you do not have access to them.
- Be sure to have activities for the younger children or ask parents to bring those items with them.
- Review your recipes and create a cooking schedule and your grocery list. I found a notepad for grocery shopping that is divided in sections of the grocery store and I can write my menu for the week in a box for each day of the week. Love it because it saves me from running back and forth to sections where I may have forgotten something. Check on Pintrest or On-Line and I am sure you will find a link to print something similar out.
- Prepare your kitchen by cleaning out your fridge and pantry to make room for groceries. Be sure to check your spices to make sure they are fresh too.
- Clean your wine glasses and your silverware
- Decide what food item is going in what vessel. Write that item on a post it note and stick in that vessel along with a serving spoon.
- Clean up the yard
I would highly recommend purchasing Urban Accents Gourmet Gobbler Kit! I have carried this in my store since I opened 6 years ago and we keep it in stock year round. It will make your turkey so moist and flavorful! It is also All Natural & Gluten Free. You can roast, deep fry or grill too.