Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Thanksgiving Tips Part 1


Thanksgiving is approaching and over the next two weeks I will be helping you get organized and have a plan for your Thanksgiving gathering. Now I know I am typing this four weeks ahead but two weeks before Thanksgiving my focus turns to Christmas here in the store. I do not rush the Christmas season so I and my elves flip the store over to Christmas the week before Thanksgiving and my Christmas Open House is November 21. I will be a very busy girl and will not have much time computer time.
No matter if you have a small gathering, large or you go out for dinner that day I hope there will be something I can help you with so that you can enjoy this Thanksgiving day with your family and friends.
  • Decide if you want a fresh or store bought turkey. If you are looking at fresh you will want to call and make those arrangements now. You will also need to make arrangements for your turkey to be delivered or picked up also. If you are not turkey fans decide what you will be serving instead.
  • If you will be going out to dinner make your reservations now.
  • Guest list and invites. Some do formal invites for their Thanksgiving gathering and other's may just email, Facebook or call. It's nice to have an idea of the number you will be having that day.
  • Time to start working on your menu. If you are having guests you may want to check for any food allergies they may have that would require you to pay attention too. Also be sure to include your guests in helping prepare the meal by asking them if they would like to bring something and make a note of who is bringing what so that there are no repeats. Less time in the kitchen for you too!
  • If you need to special order anything such as flower arrangements or pie's you will want to get your orders in and arrange to pick them up or have delivered one or two days before the big day.
  • Do a deep clean of the house this week as well.
  • Make sure your video equipment is working as well as camera's and you may want to have extra batteries too.

No comments:

Post a Comment